- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Volcano is located in the province of Chimborazo in the wildlife production reserve that bears his name.
Beautiful and imposing is the Chimborazo, is considered the highest mountain in Ecuador and the closest to the sun, with dreamy landscapes that invites us to dream higher with just a glance, we will venture to explore with our professional guide the trails of imposing volcano.
The altitude of its summit is 6310 meters above sea level, a nice challenge for mountaineering lovers, however in our tour we can explore and enjoy up to 5100 meters where it keeps a mystical lagoon named Condor Cocha next to its summit, without forgetting that we will find flora of páramo and fauna of the area as the vicuña a species of camelid. After this we will descend to begin our adventure around this beautiful and imposing volcano by bicycle.
• Warm clothes and gloves
• Sunglasses and sunscreen
• Shoes for trekking
• Windbreaker jacket / waterproof pants
• Departure from Baños 08:00 am. Vicente Rocafuerte and Thomas Halflants (Park Palomino Flores)
• Stops to take pictures
• Arrive the first refuge 4850 m Hermanos Carriel
• Hike to the second refuge 45min a 60min - Refuge Whymper 5000 m
• Small rest and walk towards the Condor Cocha Lagoon 5100 m
• Walk back to the first refuge.
• Explanation of the descent by bicycle
• Descent by bicycle (downhill) entre 60 y 90 min.
• Return to Baños de Agua Santa
• Transportation from Baños – Chimborazo – Baños
• Bilingual Guide
• Bike and Helmet
• Personal expenses
• Snacks and drinks