- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Our departure begins from Baños de Agua Santa to the Cotopaxi National Park. Once inside the National Park tourists will be able to buy handicrafts made by Indigenous people, which will help us to protect the strong cold of the Volcano. We will make acclimatization technical stops, we will arrive at the parking lot to have a walk to the refuge to rest; then we will walk up to 5000 m towards the Glacier. We will return to the refuge. And we return to the parking lot where they help us with a small talk before making the descent by bicycle to the lagoon of Limpiopungo. Once we arrive at the lagoon we will walk along with our guide. To finish the tour we will go to lunch; later we will return to Baños de Agua Santa.
• Departure 8:00am. Vicente Rocafuerte and Thomas Halflants (In the Park Palomino Flores)
• Travel to Cotopaxi National Park.
• Visit to Interpretation Museum.
• Arrive to parking
• Explanation about volcano /animals/ plants/etc.
• Start hiking to Jose Rivas Refugee (4800m).
• After a short rest, hikes till the glaciers (5000m).
• Hike down to have lunch, followed by short bikes briefing.
• Down Hilling to Limpiopungo Lake. Hiking aroud to Limpipungo Lake.
• Return to Baños de Agua Santa
• Transportation from Baños to Cotopaxi and way back.
• Bilingual Guide.
• Bike and helmet
• Extra beverages